La Sirène is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information held about you in accordance with the applicable laws. “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, as defined by applicable law. La Sirène has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the relevant Australian and New Zealand privacy laws.
This policy applies to La Sirène Pty Ltd (ABN 36 159 634 312) and its subsidiaries (“La Sirène” or “we” “us” or “our”), and describes the way that La Sirène collects, holds, and discloses personal information about individuals. This Privacy Statement forms part of the Terms and Conditions which govern your use of our site and should be read in conjunction with those Terms and Conditions.
Collecting your personal information
La Sirène might collect your personal information through your use of our site. This personal information might include, but is not limited to, your name, birth date, email address, mailing address, phone number and other contact information, payment details (e.g. credit card information), and other information such as purchase history and product preferences. The amount of information we collect about you depends on the information you provide to us and your use of our site including newsletter sign up and surveys.
Use of your personal information
La Sirène might use your personal information for the purpose for which your personal information was provided and collected. In addition to providing you with products or services, this may include:
- To provide you with information, material, and news in relation to our products and services;
- For product and customer research
- To improve our site or the products and services we offer to you
- To provide information and materials to you about which we believe you may be interested;
- To send news, information about our activities and general promotional material which we believe may be useful to you
- To monitor who is accessing this site
- To profile the type of people using this site
- In order to comply with governing laws and regulations
You will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from our direct marketing communications.
Cookies are pieces of software code sent from a website to each user and stored as small files within their hard drive. Cookies help us to provide you with services and features tailored to your needs when you visit our site. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them, although that may mean that certain functions on our site may not work correctly.
Cookies do not personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s browser. They let us know what you find interesting and useful, which allows us to keep improving our site and provide you with a more personalised service.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties, or make any other use of your personal information, for any purpose which is not incidental to your use of the site or our products and services except:
- With your consent;
- To our related entities in order to provide you with a product or service or related promotions offered by our related entities;
- To partners or affiliates who assist us in providing products and services;
- If we are providing you (or an entity related to you) with credit, credit reporting bodies (CRBs), trade insurers and businesses assisting us with providing credit;
- Where other third parties appointed by La Sirene require access to your personal information, held by us, in order to provide a product or service – in which case those third parties must keep the personal information confidential other than for the purpose of performing that service; or
- Where legally required to do so.
Access to Information
At your request and where we are required by law to do so, we will confirm the personal information we hold about you, update your information and/or remove your information. We will endeavour to address your request in a timely manner.
Management and Security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold is accurate, reliable, up to date and relevant and we may ask you to assist us in updating your personal information from time to time. We will take precautions to keep your personal information secure. Your information is stored on secured servers. However, due to the open nature of internet communications, we do not accept responsibility for any consequences of unauthorised access to your information whilst stored or during its transmission.